Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Organized Chaos

This week I don't have any items to cross off my list or report major progress, except to say that I'm gaining momentum on several...

#5. Complete a marathon with a PR time - Despite a less than diligent start, I'm now back on track with my training plan. Now I just need to figure out how to balance my long runs with some pending weekend plans (i.e. riding 200 miles in the MS150 this weekend). Side note - if you're interested in helping to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis research and support, please consider making a donation.

#8. Finish my t-shirt quilt - Mom emailed me a picture of the sewn together front of my t-shirt quilt which she finished this past weekend. It looks great! Now to finalize the border, pick a fabric for the back and find a quilter to put it all together. It seems the hard work is done!

#15. See a Nebraska football game at Lincoln Memorial Stadium - I already posted on Facebook and I'll say again here, I NEED TICKETS! So far I haven't been able to get any tickets through the University or work contacts, so before I spend a bunch of money on StubHub I'm seeing what other options might be available. November 25th - Nebraska vs Iowa is the goal. Go Huskers!

#22. Go zip-lining - Okay, so this one is an admitted error on my part. Until today this item said "Go zip gliding", which somewhat confused my original intention. My intention was to ride on an intense series of cables and pulleys mounted on an incline, ideally in a secluded, scenic rain forest of some kind. That's not to be confused with hang gliding, which may have somehow been in my brain when I originally wrote my list. Now that I at least have the item clarified officially, I can focus on the scenic rain forest part.

#26. Learn the Thriller dance - For MJ and fans of a random good time, I'll be sending more details soon on how and when this will come to fruition. Tentative plan at the moment is to learn and demonstrate by the end of October. This one is in the spirit of the attitude I'm taking with my entire list, "Go Big or Go Home". I just need to decide how big to go on this one.

All in all, it feels as if progress is being made slowly but surely. It's a little bit of organized chaos at the moment, but I'm sure it will all come together. :-)

Timestamp:

No comments:

Post a Comment