Sunday, April 17, 2011

Making a Change

"I'm Gonna Make A Change,
For Once In My Life
It's Gonna Feel Real Good,
Gonna Make A Difference
Gonna Make It Right . . ."

Before anyone worries, no, I am not blogging about Thrill the
World and my quest to learn the Thriller dance again. (But I'll admit that I'm now fighting the urge to watch my Michael Jackson Number One's DVD.) What I'm referring to changing is my Operation 30 list. No, its not the first time in my life that I'll be making a change, and I'm not sure that it'll necessarily "feel real good", but I know that it's going to make my list more "right" for me.

In many ways I feel as if I'm breaking a cardinal rule of bucket lists, especially by changing this early in the game. However, as good 'ole Winston Ch
urchill once said, "There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction". So thank you, Winston, for giving me permission as I feel that this will be a step in the right direction. After all, it's my list anyway. Do I really need anyone's permission to change it?

Then it's settled. I'm officially re-writing #19.

19. Watch a classic movie (exact movie still TBD)


19. Watch a movie at a drive-in theater


My rationale... Have I seen a classic movie before? Yes. Admittedly not many, but still. It's a Wonderful Life is pretty unavoidable in the holiday routine. Did I have a classic movie in mind that I wanted to see? Not really. And truly what I meant to capture in my original list was seeing a classic movie at a movie theater or drive-in. Although apparently I never quite articulated that clearly. It simply wouldn't have been a meaningful Operation 30 item without doing it in an over-the-top way. So, I'm nixing th
e classic movie part and focusing on what I'm more excited about - seeing a movie at a drive-in theater. If the movie showing happens to be a classic movie, then I suppose that's a bonus. But if it's something like The Hangover or Zoolander, then I'll be just as happy. :-)

Timestamp:

No comments:

Post a Comment