Sunday, February 27, 2011

Making Progress

Although this hasn't been a week where I've been able to check anything off, I feel I've made a lot of progress on my Operation 30 list.....
  • Baseball stadiums identified - check!
    ...Hello Arizona Diamondbacks, Seattle Mariners, San Diego Padres, and Boston Red Sox
  • Dates and travel companions locked in - check!
    ...The fun starts in May after my work trip to Brazil. I can't wait!
  • Register for a marathon - check!
    ...I'm signed up for the St. Louis Rock n' Roll Marathon on October 23rd
    . Now it's time to put together a training plan to ensure I can achieve my Personal Record goal.
  • Register for a triathlon - check!
    ...I'm signed up for the Alligator's Creek triathlon in O'Fallon in August. I'll admit, I picked it mostly based on the short distance of the swim - only 300 meters (which is a shorter distance than the Race for Sight tri I did a few years ago). Now to learn to swim before then. :-)
  • Find possible dates for a winery bike ride - check!
    ...Thanks to Doodle I'll soon be able to lock-in on a date for a winery bike ride from St. Charles to Augusta, which is something I've wanted to do for years now.
  • Plan Grand Canyon trip, kayaking, and when to ride a segway - check!
    ...In true multi-tasking spirit, my baseball trips will be filled with Operation 30 activities. The current plan (with details still to be finalized) is to drive to the Grand Canyon from Phoenix, go kayaking in San Diego (La Jolla, actually), and ride a segway in Seattle.
  • Pick a music festival - check!
    ...Bonnaroo 2011 is it! I couldn't be more excited about the lineup - Mumford & Sons, Florence + the Machine, Ray Lamontagne, Eminem, Girl Talk, Buffalo Springfield, The Black Keyes, and many more. Simply Awesome.
As I finalize the details of my trips I'll be looking for some input to ensure I make the most of them. So if anyone has any "must do" activities while in Phoenix, Seattle, San Diego, or Boston, I'm all ears! I'm also open to free flights, hotel stays, and car rentals if anyone has access. My 2011 travel budget will be significantly higher than 2010, but I'm good with it. :-)

Current timestamp:

No comments:

Post a Comment