Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Road Ahead

Without much else of note, this week seemed like a good time to reflect on how things are going with my Operation 30 list. There are roughly nine months left until the big 3-0, and I've completed nine of the items on my list. That's 30% - not bad!

Of course, I should probably take a look at the other 21 items that I haven't done yet to really get an indication of how I'm doing. As I scan the list, I see that the remaining items are in an assorted state of affairs in terms of planning. There are some that are locked in (such as the triathlon and marathon that I'm signed up and actively training for), while there are others that are sort of "when I have time" items (like the t-shirt quilt and learn Photoshop), and others that are sort of scheduled but lacking in details (like tickets for the Nebraska game and a hotel room for the Kentucky Derby next year).

So with that in mind, here's my attempt to leverage my social community and solicit help, particularly for the "lacking in details" group. I need to get cracking on some of them! I'm hoping at least some of my wonderful blog-readers can point me in the right direction or at least get me a little more motivated on the following...

#4. Do an Adventure Race
I need to check into this one in more detail. Hopes are I might also be able to cross off #2 if I do this right.

#17. Stop Biting My Nails
I'm open to any tips, tricks, or psychological motivation tactics at this point. My only conclusion so far is that this is a nervous/fidgety habit that I have never been able to stop cold turkey, but could potentially redirect to a not so self-destructive activity.

#23. Do an Anonymous Pay it Forward
Short of paying for someone's meal in the drive-in behind me, I'm struggling to come up with a good one here.

#30. Learn Photoshop
In order to learn it, I think I need a project. Hmm...

Alright. (Phew! Strange - but it felt good to write that out.) Some work to do, but I'm optimistic that I'll figure out how to make all of the remaining 21 items a journey in their own right. After all, my Operation 30 list is an adventure that I chose, and I'm more than happy with the journey so far and what I'm sure will be a fun and challenging road ahead. Thirty schmirty - I got this!

Timestamp:

1 comment:

  1. Hey Danielle,

    I'm so glad this contest came up because I would have otherwise never known about this great blog! I love the concept!

    Anyway, I just wanted to suggest getting fake nails at the salon. Whether you personally dislike them for whatever reason or not... they're heavy enough so you're aware of your fingertips, and they completely prevent you from nibbling on your real nails. If you keep them long enough you might be able to kick the habit. Don't worry sporty spice, you can get them SUPER short nowadays. :)

    Zlam,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete