Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dankeschön

Crunched for time this week after a quick trip to Germany for work, I'm finally getting around to my weekly update. (Yes, that's right - I added another place to my previously posted list: Dusseldorf, Germany!) Before my birthday I reflected on the places I've been in my 29 years on earth so far. It was a pretty fun exercise and got me thinking about not only where I've been, but what I've done in those years. If it's not obvious by my Operation 30 list, I'm truly someone who lives for the experiences in life. Therefore, anything new, different, interesting, exciting, challenging - I'm game!

Some of these experiences have truly been once in a lifetime. Meaning...there is no future 100th Best Ever St. Pat's celebration in RollaMo and I hope I don't have any trees falling on me anytime soon! Yet there are others that have become more or less routine...fitness events such as RAGBRAI, the MS150 bike ride, and various running events. Overall, a plethora of experiences in which I've been blessed to partake.


-----
Jumped from a plane at 10,000ft (went sky-diving) – September 2010
Swam with the fish in Cancun (went Snorkeling) – July 2003
Rode in a helicopter (twice!) – May 2006
Had a part in a charter plane entourage – May 2006, March 2011
Put numbers in the manual scoreboard at Busch Stadium - 2005
Partied on the Bud Light Party Cruise – 2009, 2010
Been on a "float" in the St. Louis Mardi Gras parade – February 2010
Ran in the St. Louis Go! Half-Marathon – April 2006
Ran the St. Louis Lewis & Clark Half-Marathon – September 2007
Ran in the St. Louis Go! Marathon – April 2008
Sat a PR time at the Chicago Half-Marathon – May 2010
Set a PR time at the San Diego Rock n’ Roll Half-Marathon – June 2010
Kansas City Half-Marathon – October 2006
Kansas City Marathon – October 2007
Run on Highway 40 (during the grand opening events) - 2008, 2009
Braved my first tri, the Race for Sight Triathlon – May 2008
Rode my bike across Iowa at RAGBRAI
– 2009, 2010
Dipped my hands in the ocean upside-down (went parasailing)
– March 2004
Partied at the 100
th Anniversary of the Best Ever St. Pat’s in Rolla - 2008
Watched crazy bull riders at the Rodeo (Sikeston, MO and Rhineland, MO) -
2008
Stayed up drinking and singing to music until sunrise
– More than five times
Discovered the Lost City of Atlantis
– October 2009
Rode in a stretch hummer limo

Had a tree fall on me!
– April 2006
Raised money for a good cause and rode 200 miles at the MS150 bicycle ride
- 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
Drank more 3oz beers than I could count at the St. Louis Brewfest
– 2007, 2008, 2010
Made a table top design out of bottle caps. Check it out
...

Bought a house! – February 2008
Won a city scavenger hunt – Find the Egg (Go Eggsplorers!)
– April 2010
Tried Octopus sashimi
(and gagged appropriately) - 2006

Rode the Bull on Bourbon Street -
October 2010

Dressed appropriately for Monster Jam
– February 2011
Experienced the fun of Eurovision in the competition city
– May 2011
-----

Thanks to everyone who has joined me on my journey so far. I can't wait to add more to the list!

Timestamp:

No comments:

Post a Comment